Join Sheryl White from Baby Kneads to learn the ancient art of infant massage in a quiet and calm environment. The strokes will be demonstrated on a doll while you practice with your own baby! You will learn colic holds, massage techniques, along with other ways to calm and soothe your baby.
Benefits of infant massage
• Relaxes and soothes babies
• Deepens bonding
• Promotes the strengthening of the digestive, respiratory and circulatory systems
• Helps relieve the discomfort associated with gas and colic
• Helps baby sleep better by releasing stress which builds daily from new experiences
• Increases confidence and sensitivity to baby’s cues
Sheryl White is a Certified Educator of Infant Massage, Baby Signer, Reiki Master and mother of three. Her background includes a B.A. in Psychology and Corporate Classroom Trainer. She has received specialized Infant Massage training from the International Association of Infant Massage and she is a Certified Instructor of Joseph Garcia’s International Sign 2 Me Presenters Network, a babies and toddlers signing program. She has been teaching classes to parents, teachers, professionals and caregivers since 1999. Her role in these classes is to facilitate and help strengthen the connection between infant and caregiver through early communication and a heightened sense of listening.
Registration Required & will open August 1st
Sponsored by the Friends of JHPL.